Network Security Engineer
Job ID: 309167 Posted 1 week ago
Kansas City, Kansas
IDR is seeking a Network Security Engineer to join one of our top clients in Kansas City, KS. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a large organization and work within an ever-growing team-oriented culture, please apply today!
Position Overview/Responsibilities for the Network Security Engineer:
- Design, implement, and manage security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and cloud infrastructures
- Oversee the configuration, maintenance, and optimization of Cisco Firepower devices
- Ensure the secure deployment and management of applications in Azure
- Administer, optimize, and monitor Zscaler ZIA & ZPA implementations
- Responsible for deployment management and operation of network access control/Cisco ISE
- Collaborate with IT and development teams to ensure secure software and network design
- Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing on both network and cloud resources
- Provide expertise on network security best practices and trends
- Develop security documentation, including policies, procedures, and training materials
- Respond to and mitigate security incidents
- Participate in ongoing training and certification to stay current with the latest technologies and best practices
- Work with appropriate business partners when rolling out new systems or system changes in order to address issues and fix bugs. Perform necessary testing and analysis to ensure system stability before transferring support responsibility to the support desk
- Work across Unified Communications, Route, Switch, Wireless and Network Security platforms
- Translate business requirements into network designs and solutions
- Collaborate with a group of network engineers delivering new solutions to support manufacturing networking
- Partner with equipment manufactures and internal customers to test and certify IoT solutions
- Contribute to the research and design of future generation network roadmaps
- Provide Tier 3 network engineering escalation suppor
Required Skills for the Network Security Engineer:
- 5+ years’ experience within Network Security (needing to be more so on the Network side with security experience, rather than a security expert with some network)
- 3+ years’ experience within a Cloud environment (AWS or Azure)
- MUST HAVE experience with Zscaler + Cisco ISE (Identity Search Engine)
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
Share This Job
IDR has been in business for over 25 years and offers access to hundreds of companies across the country to work for. For many of the contractors that work for us, there are some unique benefits to being a part of the IDR team. One specific benefit is that we believe our contractors are part of something bigger than yourself. We are an employee-owned company and in an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), as the share price of our company grows, so does your equity in our company. Our contractors, as well as our internal employees, can participate in this plan after one year of service. In addition to joining our ESOP program, you will also receive weekly pay, 401k access, and access to three different benefit plans that cover 50% of the individual premiums along with access to unlimited behavioral health sessions with a licensed counselor.
IDR, Inc. is an award-winning, employee-owned staffing firm with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and offices in the Nashville, Dallas, and Denver markets. Founded in 1998, IDR has grown to serve businesses and professionals across industries including IT, healthcare, accounting and finance, government services, and professional services. Recognized for our expertise and the high-touch approach of our Engagement Management Program, IDR continues to build rewarding partnerships with companies and consultants. Our best-in-class service has earned IDR ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client and Talent awards for ten consecutive years, in addition to awards from Staffing Industry Analysts and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. With our commitment to empowering talent and developing leaders, we’re passionate about what we do and how we do it, and we look forward to working with you.