Job ID: 288269 Posted 1 month ago
Development and Architecture
IDR is seeking a Software Engineer to join one of our top clients in the public sector. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a large organization and work within an ever-growing team-oriented culture, please apply today!
Position Overview/Responsibilities for the Software Engineer:
- Planning and engineering of an organization's cloud computing infrastructure and application environments.
- Defining standard concepts, practices, and procedures of cloud technology, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Leading and ensuring that HHS best practices and methodologies are applied to the design, deployment, and operations in the cloud.
- Defining and developing blueprints and roadmaps for building infrastructure solutions in the AWS cloud
- Delivering solutions with adjacent technologies including Networking, Storage, Security, Identity / Access Management and Monitoring.
- Delivering virtualized environments and provisioning hardware, storage, resources and managing configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services for cloud infrastructure
- Ensuring compliance with enterprise security configuration standards
- Providing direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements
- Providing support for stabilization of Cloud environment
- Working closely with other teams to ensure solutions are engineered and deployed in the AWS cloud, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Providing AWS Cloud operational guidance both internal to the team, and for external operations teams
- Investigating and providing feedback on AWS services and solutions related to the work assigned.
- Providing technical oversight, review, and quality control throughout the life cycle of the implementations
- Engaging with Cloud service provider around solving technical problems in the Cloud ecosystem
- Implementing advanced Infrastructure as Code using CI/CD solutions
- Supporting DevOps functions to best utilize cloud resources with software configuration management and continuous integration tools.
- For ensuring required SLAs are achieved in Cloud.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills for the Software Engineer:
- 8+ years’ experience automating provisioning and deprovsioning of complex application environments comprising of a mix of monolith and moderanized Java applications, oracle databases, IBM Websphere ND, IBM MQ, different COTs products, AWS and VM
- 8+ years’ extensive experience with scripting languages like Python, Boto3 to automate toil.
- 8+ years’ experience on Terraform, Ansible, AWS SDK, Git, Gitops and/or similar CI/CD tools for automated delivery of environments
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits; Medical, Vision, Dental, and more!
- Opportunity to get in with an industry leading organization
- Close-knit and team-oriented culture
- 25+ Years of Proven Industry Experience in 4 major markets
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Dedicated Engagement Manager who is committed to you and your success
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Award winner 10 years in a row
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
Share This Job
IDR has been in business for over 25 years and offers access to hundreds of companies across the country to work for. For many of the contractors that work for us, there are some unique benefits to being a part of the IDR team. One specific benefit is that we believe our contractors are part of something bigger than yourself. We are an employee-owned company and in an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), as the share price of our company grows, so does your equity in our company. Our contractors, as well as our internal employees, can participate in this plan after one year of service. In addition to joining our ESOP program, you will also receive weekly pay, 401k access, and access to three different benefit plans that cover 50% of the individual premiums along with access to unlimited behavioral health sessions with a licensed counselor.
IDR, Inc. is an award-winning, employee-owned staffing firm with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and offices in the Nashville, Dallas, and Denver markets. Founded in 1998, IDR has grown to serve businesses and professionals across industries including IT, healthcare, accounting and finance, government services, and professional services. Recognized for our expertise and the high-touch approach of our Engagement Management Program, IDR continues to build rewarding partnerships with companies and consultants. Our best-in-class service has earned IDR ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client and Talent awards for ten consecutive years, in addition to awards from Staffing Industry Analysts and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. With our commitment to empowering talent and developing leaders, we’re passionate about what we do and how we do it, and we look forward to working with you.