Operations Technician 1
Job ID: 286731 Posted 3 days ago
End User Support / Helpdesk
IT Operations Technician 1
IDR is seeking an IT Operations Technician 1 to join one of our top clients in Portland, Maine. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a large organization and work within an ever-growing team-oriented culture, please apply today!
This position is fully onsite in Portland, Maine, offering 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Position Overview for the IT Operations Technician 1
- Monitor systems for issues and escalate as needed.
- Maintain system documentation and run books.
- Occasionally perform Failover steps.
- Facilitate issue resolution, including opening escalation bridges.
- Open tickets for identified issues.
- Determine escalation paths based on predefined guidelines.
- Initiate escalations for credit card transaction processing and backend systems.
- Coordinate resources for issue resolution.
Skills for the IT Operations Technician 1:
- Familiarity with SolarWinds (preferable but not 100% required).
- Comptia A+ or Net+ certification (not required, nice to have).
- Experience in navigating Windows OS.
- Proficiency in managing an engine service desk (ticketing) - any type of ticketing system is fine.
- Industry knowledge (not required but helpful; training provided if needed).
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
- Enthusiasm for delving into logs (SolarWinds, sys admin, specific applications) and actively participating in issue resolution.
- Willingness to collaborate and assist in problem-solving.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits; Medical, Vision, Dental, and more!
- Opportunity to get in with an industry-leading organization
- Close-knit and team-oriented culture
- 20+ Years of Proven Industry Experience in 4 major markets
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Dedicated Engagement Manager who is committed to you and your success
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Award winner 10 years in a row
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
Share This Job
IDR has been in business for over 25 years and offers access to hundreds of companies across the country to work for. For many of the contractors that work for us, there are some unique benefits to being a part of the IDR team. One specific benefit is that we believe our contractors are part of something bigger than yourself. We are an employee-owned company and in an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), as the share price of our company grows, so does your equity in our company. Our contractors, as well as our internal employees, can participate in this plan after one year of service. In addition to joining our ESOP program, you will also receive weekly pay, 401k access, and access to three different benefit plans that cover 50% of the individual premiums along with access to unlimited behavioral health sessions with a licensed counselor.
IDR, Inc. is an award-winning, employee-owned staffing firm with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and offices in the Nashville, Dallas, and Denver markets. Founded in 1998, IDR has grown to serve businesses and professionals across industries including IT, healthcare, accounting and finance, government services, and professional services. Recognized for our expertise and the high-touch approach of our Engagement Management Program, IDR continues to build rewarding partnerships with companies and consultants. Our best-in-class service has earned IDR ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client and Talent awards for ten consecutive years, in addition to awards from Staffing Industry Analysts and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. With our commitment to empowering talent and developing leaders, we’re passionate about what we do and how we do it, and we look forward to working with you.