Data Governance Project Manager
Job ID: 282816 Posted 1 month ago
IDR is seeking an Data Governance Project Manager to join one of our top clients in the technology industry based out of Nashville. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a large organization and work within an ever-growing team-oriented culture, apply now!
Position Overview for the Data Governance Project Manager:
- Support the Manager of Data Governance in preparing and facilitating the various recurring meetings within the program.
- Drafting meeting agendas
- Keeping track of attendance among members and taking notes during meetings
- Presenting to Data Governance Council as needed
- Serve as working group leader by facilitating working group discussions on resolving critical data issues identified and approved by the Data Governance Council, keeping track of next steps, and coordinating the work of the group to ensure resolution of issue by established timeline
- Gather and share recommendations on best practices for improving data usage, security, and quality across the department
- Collaborate with external vendor to conduct an in-depth and comprehensive inventory of essential data assets of the department
- Collaborate with the department’s IT division and data stewards to investigate data quality issues within state data systems and present findings to the Data Governance Council and Steering Committee as needed.
- Take the lead in drafting the following data governance resources by working with data stewards across the department:
- Template data manual/business rules documentation
- Training materials for data stewards
- Support the Manager of Data Governance in developing department-wide communication materials
- Assist with metadata management by providing support with documenting technical data lineage as well as data quality profiling
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Data Governance Project Manager:
- 4+ years of professional experience in IT / Data Project Management
- 4+ years’ experience with data governance principles, related best practices, and data management standards or practices
- Proficient in producing summary statistics and visualizations using R, Python, and/or Stata
- Proficient in SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and manage against coherent project plans and work plans
- Detail orientated
- Ability to build strong relationships, lead meetings, and influence stakeholders
- Familiarity with data models and reference data architecture
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits; Medical, Vision, Dental, and more!
- Opportunity to get in with an industry leading organization
- Close-knit and team-oriented culture
- 20+ Years of Proven Industry Experience in 4 major markets
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Dedicated Engagement Manager who is committed to you and your success
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Award winner 11 years in a row
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
Share This Job
IDR has been in business for over 25 years and offers access to hundreds of companies across the country to work for. For many of the contractors that work for us, there are some unique benefits to being a part of the IDR team. One specific benefit is that we believe our contractors are part of something bigger than yourself. We are an employee-owned company and in an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), as the share price of our company grows, so does your equity in our company. Our contractors, as well as our internal employees, can participate in this plan after one year of service. In addition to joining our ESOP program, you will also receive weekly pay, 401k access, and access to three different benefit plans that cover 50% of the individual premiums along with access to unlimited behavioral health sessions with a licensed counselor.
IDR, Inc. is an award-winning, employee-owned staffing firm with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and offices in the Nashville, Dallas, and Denver markets. Founded in 1998, IDR has grown to serve businesses and professionals across industries including IT, healthcare, accounting and finance, government services, and professional services. Recognized for our expertise and the high-touch approach of our Engagement Management Program, IDR continues to build rewarding partnerships with companies and consultants. Our best-in-class service has earned IDR ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client and Talent awards for ten consecutive years, in addition to awards from Staffing Industry Analysts and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. With our commitment to empowering talent and developing leaders, we’re passionate about what we do and how we do it, and we look forward to working with you.