Job ID: 279222 Posted 3 days ago
Contract to Hire
IDR is seeking a Civil Engineer to join one of our top clients in Montgomery, AL. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a large organization and work within an ever-growing team-oriented culture, please apply today!
Position Overview/Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer:
- Can direct technicians for production of engineering documents for routine projects accurately and efficiently
- Executes cross discipline checks and coordination
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance
- Recognizes and reports risk management issues to Project Engineer as appropriate
- Assist in learning the needs of assigned clients
- Understand the profession’s ethical obligation to Client and the public welfare
- Assist with reviewing and defining scope of work issues with Consultants and Contractors
- Work across disciplines and office locations to fully utilize firm experiential knowledge. Assist others with technical mentoring
- Recognize the role as a team player
- Represent the firm in all aspects of projects and assignments to prospective employees, clients, and the communities we serve
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from Clients or regulatory agencies
- Prepare reports and technical memorandums with oversight and supervision by the Engineer-of-Record
- Ability to effectively present information in oral and written format
- May direct or coordinate the work of technicians and others who assist in specific assignments
- Continually participate in Individual Development planning and programs
- Provides input to improving project delivery processes and standards
- Contributes to Client Services team
- Actively participate in local professional society
- Participate in community service activities and understand implications of involvement
Required Skills for the Civil Engineer:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Civil Engineer
- Professional experience utilizing AutoCAD and Civil3d for designing
- PE or EIT certification
- Experience utilizing HydroCAD, HydroFlow, and drainage systems
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits; Medical, Vision, Dental, and more!
- Opportunity to get in with an industry leading organization
- Close-knit and team-oriented culture
- 25+ Years of Proven Industry Experience in 4 major markets
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Dedicated Engagement Manager who is committed to you and your success
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Award winner 10 years in a row
I want more jobs like this in my inbox.
Share This Job
IDR has been in business for over 25 years and offers access to hundreds of companies across the country to work for. For many of the contractors that work for us, there are some unique benefits to being a part of the IDR team. One specific benefit is that we believe our contractors are part of something bigger than yourself. We are an employee-owned company and in an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), as the share price of our company grows, so does your equity in our company. Our contractors, as well as our internal employees, can participate in this plan after one year of service. In addition to joining our ESOP program, you will also receive weekly pay, 401k access, and access to three different benefit plans that cover 50% of the individual premiums along with access to unlimited behavioral health sessions with a licensed counselor.
IDR, Inc. is an award-winning, employee-owned staffing firm with headquarters in Alpharetta, GA and offices in the Nashville, Dallas, and Denver markets. Founded in 1998, IDR has grown to serve businesses and professionals across industries including IT, healthcare, accounting and finance, government services, and professional services. Recognized for our expertise and the high-touch approach of our Engagement Management Program, IDR continues to build rewarding partnerships with companies and consultants. Our best-in-class service has earned IDR ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client and Talent awards for ten consecutive years, in addition to awards from Staffing Industry Analysts and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. With our commitment to empowering talent and developing leaders, we’re passionate about what we do and how we do it, and we look forward to working with you.